Tuesday 11 August 2015

The Nubian Diva Collection

Since I went natural in 2010  I have been obsessed with creating a range of original paintings of Vivacious Black Women.  It's been an idea in my head but for the first two years I did nothing about it.  Then I decided to get back into my creative expression and focus on producing faces - working on the proportions and the features and honing my drawing and collaging techniques.  So in 2012 I brought a Sketch book and began to focus.  One of the drawings that I came up with was this.



I was not too impressed with this, however I loved the Collaged Eyes and the shape of her hair style.  This was one of my first attempts at a whimsical Afro queen.  I left it in my sketch book for the next three years. 


 However this morning I thought I would revisit this and see what I could come up with.
So I manipulated it in PSP and this is what I created.




This was done with Displacement Maps.  I like the effect especially the way the eyes have been displaced and I absolutely love the texture of the hair and the head band.  I made the lips slightly bigger.


I then added a background that is quite similar in colour and tone.




Then I added the face and erased the rest and these are the finished roughs.






What shall I do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the beginning of a new year, new projects and new adventures.  I am determined to be more active, more creative and get more work d...