Friday 14 August 2015

Research on Writers/Illustrators of Picture Books

I am going to be doing research on Illustrators who have also written their own books.  I am interested in Picture books for older children or young adults.  I will be investigating how these kinds of books are constructed.  To do this I will examine the illustrative techniques used, the character design, the colour, atmosphere, page format, the typography the plot and the overall moral message.

The Illustrators/Writers that I will be looking at first are Shaun Tan, Peter Sis and Max Ernst. All have produced Picture books for Older Children / Adults.

I have been drawn to these Illustrators, because they represent what I wish to be in the near future and their styles especially Tan and Ernst are very similar to mine.

The first few books I will be looking at are:

The Red Tree
by Shaun Tan

                                                           







The Lost Thing




Eric


The Three Golden Keys
by Peter Sis






Tibet through the Red Box







Madlenka






Une Semaine de Bonte
(A week of Kindness)
by Max Ernst





Watch out for the results of this research and see my findings in a later blog.

Please leave a comment, tell me what you think, recommend something that may help me, Thanks








                                                                
                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the beginning of a new year, new projects and new adventures.  I am determined to be more active, more creative and get more work d...