Thursday 20 August 2015

My experiments with Plaster

About ten years ago, a few years after I had finished my Art Degree I was experimenting with Plaster in my Painting.  I did a lot of abstract pieces, then I decided to do a female nude.  I was not sure what I was doing but I just allowed myself to just do it.  I painted the canvas with black acrylic so that when I drew into the plaster there would be a definite outline.  I poured the plaster mixed with PVA Glue on top and spread it out and then I drew the lady.  I waited for the plaster to dry and then I painted on top of the plaster. I then sealed with more PVA glue. This is the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the beginning of a new year, new projects and new adventures.  I am determined to be more active, more creative and get more work d...