Saturday 15 August 2015

Investigating Corel Painter

Many years ago I was messing about with felt tip pens and the remover. I didn't know what I was doing I was just trying to make a background and try various effects.



At first I manipulated this in Corel paintshop photo pro




Then I put this into Corel Painter Essential to investigate various effects.

Classical Oil Painting
This reminds me of Art Deco Images


Gouache


Illustration


Pastel Drawing


Seurat


Watercolour Sketch

Wet in Wet Watercolour



Colour Pencil

Pen & Ink



On evaluating these effects, I conclude that I do not like Seurat because it is not clear and looks very blurry. I'm not sure if I could actually use it.  Wet on Wet watercolour is the next least favourite.

I really love Watercolour Sketch and Classical Oil Painting.  Thinking about it the reason being that the images are very vibrant the edges are very crisp and they look good in their own right.





No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the beginning of a new year, new projects and new adventures.  I am determined to be more active, more creative and get more work d...