Wednesday 12 August 2015

A Plethera of Patterns from my Abstract Painting



I Painted this canvas 11 years ago and sold it but I kept a record of it on disc.  My idea was to create an impression of a stained glass window.  I love the various colours and also how each cell has a variety of tones within it's black border.


How to Create Patterns

I used Coral Painter and this is the Coloured Pencil filter.   This is kind of successful in that it gives it a hand drawn appearance.  This worked well for the patterns that I was about to create.


I then used Coral Paintshop Photo Pro -
Using the Effects - Reflection Effects - Kaleidoscope/Pattern.
I absolutely love these pattern.
The Kaleidoscope patterns would make great Stylized Flowers in a landscape.
Whereas the Ones made with the 'Pattern' Filter would make interesting backgrounds for interior scenes/Zettiology backgrounds.






I can see chimpanzees in this next one - how cute!
I can use this in my character design work.



In this next one I can see lips and eyes that are interchangeable.
This pattern looks very ethnic.
I can also use this in my character design work.












Back to the original painting again using Coral Painter I used the Illustration filter on this. Then I drew white lines around some of the cells.


This is the illustration filter gone further which gives more black within the cell.


Then I applied the Displacement map filter.
The result reminds me of the Effect and Colour of DC Comics/Sci Fi and those kind of genres.



Hue and Saturation

Could be used as a background/landscape/collage medium.




This was my first experience with Displacement Map Filter and I am really impressed and can't wait to see what else I can create with this.

Any ideas??



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the beginning of a new year, new projects and new adventures.  I am determined to be more active, more creative and get more work d...